We believe in children and youth. We believe, with God’s grace, their situation can be overcome and we help equip them to overcome their circumstances. We believe children and youth are special and believe each has significance and a mission. We try to educate and empower, in partnership with others, children and youth to overcome their obstacles such as broken families, poverty, lack of father-figures, and underperforming schools to reach their full potential and exceed their dreams. The development of faith, character and skill can help youth build a foundation of living a life to its fullest potential. We give children and youth hope.
Sport is powerful. It has stopped wars. It has served to heal. It is used to unite. It is a great relational tool. Community Sports Group is on a mission to use sport to change kids, change leaders, and change communities with the transforming love of Christ.
In West Michigan, Community Sports Group has;
- Reached over 18,000 kids
- Empowered more than 5,000 volunteers
- More than 2,000 youth have served
- Youth Leadership Skills Academy serves disadvantage youth teaching them about entreprenuerism, web site design and financial literacy
- Sports ministry training Level 1 & 2 has occurred
- KidsGames is an official Charitable Goals partner of the AHL club Grand Rapids Griffins
- Three KidsGames have been youth-led
- Lives have been impacted
Community Sports Group is a tax-deductible 501c3 non-profit.